Clear To Go supports automatically checking in and checking out your staff and visitors. To use this feature there are three things to do:
- Enable APD for one or more locations and set the geographic region to monitor.
- Assign employees to those locations
- Employees install the app and opt-in to background location updates.
1. Navigate to the Locations page
2. Select Edit on the Location you want to enable APD
3. Select Enabled on the Automatic Presence Detection setting
4. Use the map interface to set the boundaries that best fit your facility. This may need to be adjusted depending on the size and arrangement of your facility (parking lot, entrance door, etc).
5. Select Update Location
Assign Employees to the Location
1. If an Employee is not assigned to a Location with APD Enabled, they will not be automatically checked in or out of that Location.
2. Navigate to the Employees page and ensure all appropriate Employees are assigned to the appropriate Locations.
Please Note: An Employee can be assigned to multiple Locations that have APD enabled.
Opt-in to Background Location Updates
The Clear To Go app will only track your location as you enter or exit the defined boundaries set for the Location. Your location will not be tracked outside of the define boundaries.
Location Services must be enabled on the users device to allow APD. Below are links for a good starting point to ensure these services are enabled. Location Services for the app must also be set to 'Always Allow' in order for the syst
|Android: In an effort to reduce power consumption, Android 8.0 and higher limits how frequently background apps can retrieve the user’s current location. Apps can receive location updates only a few times each hour if the app was not recently active.|
The Employee will receive a notification on their phone that they have been Checked-In / Checked Out from a particular Location.
Example of the user leaving the Fabrication Shop:
Example of the user arriving at the Office:
Additionally, employees will see a details on what locations APD is turned on for by tapping on the location icon in the bottom left corner of the app:
Here is an example of someone with APD turned on for 2 locations they work from:
The timestamps are then reflected on the Roll Call page, Location Activity Report, and the Team Leader Dashboard: