Follow this step by step process to help you complete your Clear To Go! setup.
The first step to setting up the system is setting up a location for each of their different screening groups on the “Locations” page.
- Click “Add Location” and enter the following information for each location.
- Location Name
- Time Zone
- Automatic Presence Detection (APD). Read more on ADP.
- Click “Create Location” to save your addition.
Click your name at the top right, then select Settings.
Then select Roles
Step two of setup will be to determine your user roles.
- Clear To Go! has four built in roles.
- Admin (For users who will be managing your Clear to Go system)
- Case Manager (For site managers at a specific location)
- Manager (For floor or team managers with direct employee reports but no need for location wide management)
- Basic (No use of the web application)
- If your organization needs more or different you can customize the Case Manager and Manager roles using the “Edit” button. You can also create new roles by clicking “Add Role”. Name your role and select the permissions based on the site access you want that user to have. More info on creating custom roles can be found here.
3. Load Employees:
Step 3 is to get your employees into the system. This can be done on mass using our import tool, or individually with the “Add Employee” button.
Mass Importing Employees
- Clicking on the Import button will prompt you to download the following CSV template app.cleartogo.co/employee_template.csv.
- Open the file in Excel or Numbers and fill in the following information:
- Location name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Cell Phone
- Employee ID
- Badge ID
- Office phone
- Home Address
- Groups(Groups can be used to organize by department, team, class etc)
- Removed(Marking this with Yes or True will deactivate this employee on import
Please Note: Bold fields are required. The minimum required fields that must be populated are First Name, Last Name, Role, Location and a unique identifier: one of Employee ID, Cell Phone, or Email. Note that if neither Cell Phone or Email or provided, the only way for a user to receive daily notifications to screen is to use the mobile app.
- Once filled out, this CSV can be uploaded by clicking the “Import” button.
Adding Employees Individually
- To add employees manually hit the “Add Employee” button and fill in the above information. Hit “Create Employee” to save the addition.
- Please Note: Once all your seats are filled you will not be able to add more employees. To add more seats, you can increase your number via the subscription page or contact email@example.com for enterprise accounts.
Please note: when importing users via CSV, they will not receive an onboarding email. See here for example email template
Groups can be created concurrently with adding employees via the import, or separately. Groups are your way to further classify employees based on your organization structure. A replacement for Departments, Groups allows additional flexibility and adds security features to allow admins to isolate user information based on these Groups.
Users that do not have admin roles to see "All Employees", "All Locations", or "All Groups". Will only be able to see information for other users at their location and within the same group as them. This allows admins to restrict the information a manager can see to only their direct reports.
You can start creating Groups by either using the import tool, or creating them independently.
- To create a new Group using the import tool simply pick a name for your group, and add it to the "Group" column on your import template. If you want to add a user to multiple Groups, simply separate your Group names with a comma. For this example, we are creating the Groups "HR","IT","Billing", and "Sales". One of our users is associated with both "HR" and "IT", while the rest will be assigned to one Group each.
- To create a new Group individually click on your name on the top right of the screen and then "Settings".
- On the Groups page you can create a new group or make edits to an existing group. To create a new group hit "Add Group"
- Type in your group name, hit create and your group is created.
Once you have created a group, it will show up in a list on your "Employee Details" page the same way Locations do.
You can assign an employee a group at any time by checking the box and hitting "Update Employee". Once your Groups are created and employees are assigned you can begin using the Groups functionality!
5. Screening Questions:
Clear To Go! allows each organization to customize screening questions to their needs. New accounts have stock screening questions based on Oakland County, Michigan guidelines. If these do not fit your needs, you can follow the steps below to modify your questions:
- To start setting your screening questions click on your name on the top right of the screen and select "Settings: then “Screening Questions”.
- Clear To Go offers a 4 question questionnaire that can be edited or modified to meet the compliance of your organization.
- The Version # is how many times the questionnaire has been modified.
- Feel free to add/remove questions/answers as you need, by selecting Edit
- Note that some questions are currently only available for Visitors screening via SMS or Email
- Once the questions/answers and the flow of the next steps are as desired, be sure the "Options" fields are correct.
- Then select "Publish Version xx"
|If a separate questionnaire is needed, you can duplicate the first questionnaire and modify it as needed. The second questionnaire will then have the ability to limit these questions to only be sent to a Location or type of user (Visitor, Student, Contractors)|
6. Screening Schedules:
Once you have all the above information in the system, you are ready to set the schedule for when your employees receive screenings.
- To start setting your screening schedule click on your name at the top right of the screen and select "Settings: then “Screening Schedules”.
- Hit “Add Schedule”.
- Give this Schedule a meaningful name.
- Select the appropriate group of users that need to be screened at this time.
- In the example above, if you want to make this screening schedule be sent to a more specific group of users, you can click “Add Rule” to begin setting the rules that determine when Employees get notified to screen.
- You will be prompted to select a “Property” this determines the criteria of your screening group. It can be set based on any of the employee information on the "Employees" page.
- Next you will be prompted to type in “Matches” this will be what the system will search for within that criteria.
- For example, if you want to alert everyone at a certain location. You set “Property” to locations, and in “Matches” you hit the checkbox for that location. Any employee associated to that location will be notified at the appointed screening time. This can be done for any of the employee information fields.
- Please Note: Creating multiple rules within the same schedule is additive, only employees that fit both the criteria will be notified. For example, if a user creates two rules, one that notifies based on first name:John, and another that notifies based on a Location:Michigan, the system would notify people named John, that are associated with the Michigan location.
- Please Note: Sometimes you will want to notify a group within a criteria, to do this you can create "Or" rules. For properties that prompt you to select from a list you will check multiple boxes. For example if I create a rule based on locations and select two options employees that are associated with either location will be notified. For properties that prompt you to fill in the text, you can separate your text with the vertical bar key "|". For example, if I wanted to notify employees based on a list of first names I would select the property "First Name" and type "John|Jane|Larry". Once saved in the system you will see that the rule is set to notify "John or Jane or Larry".
- Set “Screening time”, the screening notification will go to the people indicated in your rules at this time.
- Set “Days Active” the screening notification will go to the people indicated in your rules on these days.
- Hit "Create Schedule" to save the schedule. Once saved you will see your schedule in the list on the "Screening Schedules" page.
- Please Note: You can double check that your notifications are set correctly by verifying that the number in the "Notified" column matches the number of employees you want to receive a notification.
7. Try a screening:
to see how your newly setup account works, send yourself a screening notification. Find yourself under Employees and click “Send Screening.” If your cell phone number is correct, you’ll receive an SMS text to start the process.
Monitoring Screening Notifications:
From the "Settings" menu, select "Notification Log". There you can see the Date/Time, Person, Type, Log, and Recipient. It will also show success or a failure with a reason. This can be useful when an user claims they did not receive a notification.
If a user fails a screening, what happens? Read the following so you have an understanding what happens when someone fails a screening:
- What happens when they fail?
- What happens when a Case is created?
- Should they be able to screen again?
Any questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.